about

Since being diagnosed with breast cancer in March my little world has been turned on its head, there are no words to describe the overwhelming emotional train wreck that is a cancer diagnosis with your name on it. This is where you can check in on my progress so that those I love can hopefully feel a little closer and become part of my journey back to vibrant health.

how can I help?

Support can come in many forms, sometimes it's the small things that have the biggest impact, kind words and messages of love and encouragement go a long way...... Submit your email for updates and join the community below. Feel free to circulate this blog to those I know and love


..................................... How Can I Help?

Thank you so much for all your love and support x


Friday 30 October 2015

When words fail.....

Dearly Beloveds,

I have a confession to make, I've been trying to write this email since I spoke to Nic after her epic marathon run on Monday and I must admit that I've really been struggling with finding the words to accurately express my thanks and hand on my heart gratitude to all of you for this incredible amount raised. It's an overwhelming feeling to receive that much love, money, support and energy, I find that I can only bite off small chunks at a time cos it feels really big..... forgive me for being slow to react....

What my most beloved friends (and new friends) in Ireland, London and San Fran have done with their fundraisers and what my hero marathon runner Nic has done is incredible, she ran 26 miles in my name, she trained and injured herself and rallied all of ye around me with her loving and charming ways and has, with your help, given me the most beautiful gift of help when I needed it most.

This gift comes wrapped in all of your love, it is so moving to be on the receiving end, so from the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you thank you thank you !..... your generosity of spirit, your sweet words of encouragement and just the beauteous humanity of it opens my heart wider, grows my courage and gives me the strength to keep going, to keep trying, but most of all, makes me feel so beautifully loved and held and that my dears is the greatest gift you could ever give me....

This disease is so hard to handle but the humanity and the goodness that it awakens in all of us is nothing short of astonishing and I want to thank you for being a beautiful ally and friend to me on this long road I find myself on, I literally could not do this without you.

I'm working on a blog post where I'll write more on this and catch you up on what's happening but I just had to send out a few words of love and thanks to you, to Nichola and all my London supporters, to Jane and Manners for gathering the loyal and lovely Newbridge College posse together, to Kelsey and Dee and all the SF/Bolinas family here for your kindness and goodness- May you all be showered in blessings, love and magic for your good deeds, I am forever grateful to you,
With all of the love I can muster from the depth of my heart,

Aisling xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for Aisling